Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? It seems like yesterday I was writing about 12 Weeks Till Christmas on a balmy September afternoon. And now, here we are.
The gift buying frenzy is hyping up, and hopefully you’ve made most of your purchases. But there are still those people in your life that need a gift from you, but you’re short on ideas. Or you’re short on cash. Or both.
Food gifts are great because they please almost everybody, they can be done inexpensively, and they’re fun to make. From your boss to your children’s teacher, who wouldn’t love a batch of homemade cookies?
This week’s holiday task in our 12 Weeks to a Peaceful Christmas series is to plan — or make — your edible gifts.
Here are a few recipes for holiday baking.
Cookies, Candies, and other Sweet Snacks
Photo by Aimee
- Basic Shortbread, and Many Variations :: Under the Highchair
- Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies :: Joy the Baker
- Coffee Toffee :: Smitten Kitchen
- Lemon Meltaways and Meringues :: Cannelle et Vanille
- Pepparkakor :: Delicious Days
- Muddy Buddies :: Tasty Kitchen
- Christmassy Chocolate Bark :: Tasty Kitchen
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies :: The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- Butterscotch Cookies :: Orangette
- Honeybuns :: Cook and Eat
- Panettone :: Cooking Breads
Photo from Jamie Oliver
- Peanut Butter Popcorn :: Tammy’s Recipes
- Peanut Brittle :: FoodTV (Alton Brown)
- Pineapple and Red Chile Salsa :: Food and Wine
- Wonderful Salsa :: Recipezaar
- Sugar and Spice Candied Nuts :: Smitten Kitchen
- Olive and Artichoke Tapenade :: Epicurious
- Cheeky Chili Pepper Chutney :: Jamie Oliver
- Homemade Pretzels :: Frantic Home Cooks
- Simplest Brioche :: La Tartine Gourmande
Gifts in a Jar
Photo by Patrick Q
If you’re not up for cooking, you can even make simple gifts in a jar — layer the ingredients in a jar, attached with the recipe to make what’s inside. You can’t get much easier.
- Butterscotch Cookie Mix :: All Free Crafts
- Texas Cornbread Mix :: Organized Christmas
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix :: Recipe Goldmine
- Italian Pasta and Bean Soup Mix :: Heart 4 Home
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix :: Mr. Breakfast
Tip Nut also has some helpful links for creating your jar gifts, such as gift tags and jar lids.
What are your go-to recipes for edible gifts? Feel free to share your recipe links in the comments section.
Read more posts like this:
- Laundry Tree – clean laundry. naturally.
- Ali Edwards – document. celebrate. capture. create.
- Pear Budget – really simple budgeting.
- Mabel’s Labels – labels for the stuff kids lose.
- Clickin Moms – a community of women with a passion for photography.
- List Plan It – 400+ printable lists & planning pages to put your world in order.
© 2008-2009 SimpleMom.net | Simple Living Media, LLC | all rights reserved |
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.